Women Of Mary
The Women of Mary seeks to imitate Mary as faithful and obedient Catholic women, in fellowship, who love God and reflect the light of Jesus through the spiritual and corporal works of mercy.
Following the example of our spiritual mother, Mary, Women of Mary (WoM) seeks to lead the women of St. Joseph Catholic Church into a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ. WoM encourages all women to follow the example of Mary, who, wholeheartedly and without reservation, submitted herself to the Lord's will. WoM provides spiritual care and nourishment to all women, in order for members to use and develop their talents to point others to Jesus through their unique and divine gifts as women. Primarily, we encourage women to join and participate in our small groups. (However, women are not required to be a member of a small group and can still join us for our monthly large group meetings. New women are always welcome to join!) Our small groups include, and are not limited to, making prayer blankets, hospitality, social events, and various spiritual and Bible study opportunities. Women are empowered to form new small groups at any time based on their interests and needs. For further information, please contact us at womenofmary.stjoes@gmail.
Would you like more information about Women of Mary (WoM)?
For any questions, please call one of these committee members:
Melissa Galecka: (616) 516-3001
Pam Varilone: (248) 890-4161
JoAnn Nielson: (248) 217-4685
WoM Small Groups
The following is a list of the sister groups that are led by the members of WoM. We invite you to prayerfully consider joining one or maybe even several, whatever the Holy Spirit might be leading you to do.
- Respect for Life
- Book Club
- Faith-Based Movie (ie. Unplanned / Breakthrough): coordinate dates to offer at St. Joseph or view offsite
- Faith & Spirituality : (ie. sharing God Moments, faith-based topics with discussion)
- Prayer Group
- Volunteer Service & Food Committee (baking & food help for parish activities )
- Prayer Blankets: make blankets, get blessed & distribute
- Socials & Meet-Ups: carpool to different events & activities
- RCIA Food Hospitality: help set up food (small buffet) after 10am mass fall to spring - rotate with other volunteers
- Hospitality (not food related): help to coordinate more hospitality within parish so all feel welcome such as a welcoming committee or welcome events
- R&R / Refresh & Reconnect with God (Retreats): either help plan at St. Joseph or coordinate at offsite location
- Walking with Purpose (book/video): program that meets weekly
- Care for Seniors & the Sick: card making / pair up with someone to check on via calls or visits
- Young Women (ages 18-35)
- Gardening Ministry for the St. Joseph Parish Grounds (mainly maintenance like weeding & watering)
If any of these groups appeal to you and you would like to join, please indicate so in the "comments" section of the Contact Information form link below.